10 Hot Consumer Trends 2015
Rapidly evolving urban consumer attitudes are transforming our world. With only 5 years to go until 2020, the future seems closer than ever.
1- The Streamed Future
- Three quarters of us regularly watch streamed video
- In 2015 more people will watch streamed on-demand video on a weekly basis than broadcast TV
2- Helpful Homes
- Around half of Smartphone owners would like home sensors that alert them to water and electricity issues, or when family members come and go.
3- Mind Sharing
- 40% of Smartphone owners would like to use a wearable device to communicate with others directly through thoughts.
- More than two thirds believe this will be mainstream by 2020.
4- Smart Citizens
- 70% of Smartphone owners believe that Traffic Volume Maps, Energy Use Comparison Apps, and Water Quality Checkers will be mainstream by 2020
5- The Sharing Economy
- 50% of all Smartphone owners are open to the idea of renting out their Personal Appliances, Spare Rooms, and Leisure Equipment as it is convenient and saves money.
6- The Digital Purse
- 48% of Smartphone owners would prefer to use their phone to pay for goods and services.
- 80% believe that the Smartphone will replace their entire purse by 2020.
7- My Information
- 56% of Smartphone owners would like information to be encrypted.
8- Longer Life
- Consumers believe services such as Jogging Apps, Pulse Meters, and Plates That Measure Food will help to prolong our lives by up to two years per application.
9- Domestic Robots
- 64% of consumers think a range of domestic robots that could help with everyday chores will be common in households by 2020.
10- Children Connect Everything
- 46% of Smartphone owners say that children will expect all objects to be connected when they are older.
Source: Ericsson 2014
Leave a comment